Fox Rear Shock Float X2 2021
Get 7% off this item when purchased with any other FOX Fork, Shock or Seatpost combination! Discount will be applied automatically.
SRP $1079AU (standard), $1125AU (with 2-position climb lever)
All new for 2021, the FLOAT X2 has had a complete redesign to improve performance across the board. New compression and rebound circuit designs allow for greater oil flow and greater control, new seals reduce friction.
The third generation of the Fox FLOAT X2 gets a ground up redesign. The addition of Variable Valve Control to the high speed rebound circuit required a new chassis, so Fox thought "if we have to redesign the shock, lets make everything better". Variable Valve Control started life in the GRIP2 damper and allows riders to change the stiffness of the high speed rebound valve without changing the total amount of oil that can flow resulting in a shock that can recover from big hits better while having finer control over the flow of oil.
This is matched with a new higher flowing main piston to enable the higher shock speeds produced from big hits to be better controlled without having to restrict oil volume which could add harshness. When combined with a new progressive bottom out bumper, new air spring design and a more significant tuning range for the High Speed Compression adjuster thanks to that improved control of oil, tuning how the shock responds to big hits is more easily achieved with just a 6mm Allen key.
Trail and Enduro riders have to go up mountains as well and the move to VVC allowed the 2-position climb switch to be placed on a separate circuit, meaning the "lockout" is noticeably firmer as it no longer has any effect on the open mode tune.
Reliability, performance, service-ability, and the ultimate in external adjustability. The best air shock money can buy - Without any doubt.
- NEW chassis
- NEW damper
- NEW high-flow main piston
- NEW seals reduce friction
- NEW Progressive MCU 'Bottom-out' bumper
- 2-pos Open/Firm lever retains high & low speed compression adjustment and offers a firmer climb mode than previous X2.
- High and low-speed compression and high and low-speed rebound adjustment
- NEW Variable Valve Control on the High Speed Rebound circuit provides more tuneability
- Matching 8 clicks of HSC and HSR with GRIP2 forks
- Max pressure 300psi
- Updated compression ratios
- Reduced reservoir length improves clearances and frame fitment
- Available in imperial, metric and trunnion sizes including new 210x50, 210x55 & 230x57.5!
- Float X2 Volume Spacers Included
- Fox Mounting Hardware. Sold separately
Find volume spacers for your FLOAT X2 here.
Find the manual for your Fox shock here.
Find service information for your Fox shock here.
Need a shock with a stroke length not listed? Just ask, and we can supply to your requirements.